Buenos Aires Book Fair
The 47th International Book Fair of Buenos Aires will open its doors to the general public on Thursday, April 27 and will remain open till Monday May. 15 at the premises of La Rural, Predio Ferial de Buenos Aires.
Days and opening hours
- Monday through Friday from 2PM to 10PM
- Saturdays and Sundays from 1PM to 10PM
- On Saturday April 29, which is Fair Night, opening hours will be from (time to be confirmed).
The opening ceremony of the 47th Book Fair of Buenos Aires will take place on Thursday, April 27 at 6PM. Writer Martin Kohan will deliver the opening remarks. Admission to the event will be exclusively by special invitation.
We are pleased to receive Santiago Metropolitan Region as our Guest of Honor City in this edition of the Book Fair of Buenos Aires.
Learn about the previous Guest of Honor Cities. (Ciudades Invitadas de Honor.)
Tickets, promotions, and discounts
- Every day admission is free for children under 12 (inclusive), school visits and people with disabilities.
- Every day admission is free for teachers, as long as they show a salary receipt or proof of condition.
- Monday to Friday admission is free for students, retirees, and pensioners. In all cases it is necessary to show proof of condition.
- Fair Night: On April 29, admission will be free from (time to be confirmed).
- Monday through Thursday: (price to be confirmed)
- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday: (price to be confirmed)
- Tickets can be purchased online on this website.
Applicable for tickets purchased online and at ticket offices.
- With the purchase of each ticket, Fundación El Libro will issue a checkbook for (be confirmed) to be used in participating bookstores.
- Each ticket purchased will be accompanied by discount vouchers. These vouchers can be used to pay up to 10% of the purchase value at any stand in the Book Fair.
The entrance gates and the respective ticket offices will be located at:
Avenida Santa Fe 4201
Avenida Sarmiento 2704 and parking lot
Avenida Cerviño 4474 (ticket office enabled for debit payment) and parking lot
The entrance door at Avenida Santa Fe has wheelchairs available for visitors who need them.
It is organized by Fundación El Libro, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote books and reading habits. Held for the first time in 1975, the Book Fair has grown stronger over the years and today is one of the most important cultural events in the world.
During the first three days, the Fair is devoted to the publishing industry and the training of professionals. Publishers, booksellers, distributors, literary agents, graphic designers, translators, illustrators, and librarians get together to engage in commercial exchanges, do business and participate in seminars intended to update professionals on the latest developments in the industry. It also dedicates a significant number of activities to teachers and other reading mediators, who are considered to be fundamental pillars.
On Thursday 26, the Fair opens to the general public and becomes a true ‘city of books’, with an exhibition space that extends over more than 45,000 square meters, and houses around 1,500 exhibitors from more than 40 countries. It stands out because it offers an extensive program that includes some 1,500 cultural proposals: conferences, book presentations, courses, talks, book signings, a poetry festival, a storytellers’ meeting, and a micro-fiction day, among many other activities. The Fair has been honored with the visits of authors of the stature of José Saramago, Paul Auster, John M. Coetzee, Mario Vargas Llosa, José Mauro de Vasconcelos, Italo Calvino, Jorge Amado, Susan Sontag, Ray Bradbury, Elena Poniatowska, Doris Lessing, Julián Marías, Edgar Morin, Hanif Kureishi, Eduardo Galeano, José Donoso, Camilo José Cela, Tom Wolfe, José Mauro de Vasconcelos, Wilbur Smith, Marc Augé, Cees Nooteboom, Carlos Fuentes, and Henning Mankell, to name just a few.